Pages

My Philosophy ~ I am not afraid of growing old, I am afraid of being fat, unhealthy and unhappy for the rest of my life.

Pumpkin M.I.M. (Muffin in a Minute)

Had my first Pumpkin MIM and it was soooo good! I had the regular MIM and thought it was okay but I used regular flax meal. After reading on the Atkins website to use the "Golden" flax meal I bought some and WOW what a huge difference in taste and texture from the plain flax meal. It is moist and not gritty at all. So if you haven't tried flax meal before or tried the regular and didn't like it, let me just highly recommend the "Golden" flax meal. The one I bought was by Bob's Mill and I bought it in my grocery store which was much cheaper than online.

Here is the recipe I used.



This is Atkins Induction friendly and the pumpkin counts towards your vegetable net carbs.


Pumpkin M.I.M. (Muffiin in a Minute)

5 Tablespoon "Golden" flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 oz softened cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (you could also use pumpkin spice)
1/4 cup pumpkin
Splenda to taste ( I used 3 packets)

Mix the dry ingredients together and then blend in the wet ingredients. Pour into a sprayed bowl and microwave for approx 2 to 3 minutes. The amount of time in the microwave depends on the kind of bowl you use. This is a BIG muffin.
  It actually reminds me of a small cake.


Serving Size 1 - Net Carbs is 7.63 (2 from veggie)
Serving Size 2 - Net Carbs is 3.815 (1 from veggie)


***You can reduce the amount of net carbs by reducing the amount of Splenda used. Each packet of Splenda has one net carb. The original recipe calls for one but my sweet tooth called for 3 packets.


Nutritional Facts below are for a serving size of one.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 meal
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 229
Calories 346
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 25.47g39%
Saturated Fat 8.8g44%
Polyunsaturated Fat 9.432g
Monounsaturated Fat 6.905g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 242mg81%
Sodium 413mg17%
Potassium 97mg
Total Carbohydrate 20.38g7%
Dietary Fiber 12.75g51%
Sugars 5.78g
Other Carbohydrate 0.3g
Protein 16.79g
Vitamin A 154%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 11%Iron 17%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.



No comments: