Pages

My Philosophy ~ I am not afraid of growing old, I am afraid of being fat, unhealthy and unhappy for the rest of my life.

Low Carb Cheese & Garlic Almond Flour Muffins

You don't have to be on any special diet to enjoy these!!!

I have been experimenting with Almond Flour and found a recipe that I kinda liked. I tweaked it and made some changes and this is what I came up with.
These remind me of the red lobster cheese muffins. They are very moist and have a lot of flavor. It's hard to believe that I can eat these and it won't raise my blood sugar at all.

Low Carb Cheese & Garlic Almond Flour Muffins

Awesome low carb and gluten free muffins. Great for diabetics and the Atkins diet or any low carb diet.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 3 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions

  1. Beat cream cheese and egg with mixer until smooth. Add dry ingredients ingredients except the cheese. Mix well with blender, fold in cheese with spoon.
  2. Spray muffin tin and divide into 6 muffins. When baked they will only be about 2 inches thick.
  3. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes until brown. Best when ate warm.
  4. These can be tossed into the freezer that is if you don't eat them all. :)
6 servings
1.74 Net Carbs per serving

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
Calories 153
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 13.02g20%
Saturated Fat 5.262g26%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.122g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.155g
Cholesterol 61mg20%
Sodium 366mg15%
Potassium 23mg
Total Carbohydrate 2.84g1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1g4%
Sugars 0.43g
Protein 6.42g
Vitamin A 6%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 12%Iron 3%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a real lifesaver. I have been on the Atkins diet since June and have recently been craving bread. I have tried one minute muffins and cream cheese muffin recipe but so far nothing has tickled my taste buds. Until today when I discovered your site.
These muffins are absolutely delicious...I had one with my low carb tomato soup for lunch.
Thank you sooo much for sharing this recipe. I will be recommending it to all my friends.
Thanks again
Suzanne